Thursday, September 18, 2008

House Review

House House by Frank E. Peretti


My review


rating: 1 of 5 stars
How disappointing. I had heard such great things about Dekker and in fact, really wanted to read his color trilogy (Black, Red, White) but those weren't available at the library.



I have a solid history with Peretti, but I hadn't read him since college.



I've been in non fiction so much lately, I decided to take a break from it and get into something light and fun.



Here's the thing about this story. It's a little Stephen King, it's a little "I know what you did last summer," and it tries to be the Christian produced movie with not-so-subtle world-view mantras repeated by the characters as though people use Christianese to summarize their world-view.



I didn't care about any of the characters. I just couldn't get interested. I don't recommend it at all.



Back to my non-fiction, I guess.


View all my reviews.