Monday, December 14, 2009

Summer Project #2

Our deck steps were in bad shape. They were cracked and warping and not anything you'd want to walk over in bare feet.

So we (I) undertook a project of removing the steps and the risers and replacing them with new ones.

I cut new boards to length (thanks for the saw, dad) and stained them on all sides, then mounted them back on the stringers. Here were the first few I did. It was so cool to see the boards bead up after a brief shower.

Reece was a big helper.

He was so curious, he just couldn't stand to not be involved.

Janet and I stained the whole deck.

This probably took three months from start to finish. In part, because we were also working on summer project #3...